Astound Commerce is looking for an User Experience Design Lead in New York, NY, USA.
Hi, we’re Astound. We transform businesses with innovative design work that pushes the limits of modern commerce solutions. Our clients include global brands such as Nespresso, Puma, Calvin Klein, Louis Vuitton, Citibank, Under Armour, Gallo Wines, and L’Oreal (to name a few). Our incredible design team creates everything from platform-based commerce solutions, all the way to completely customized bespoke digital products.
We're looking for a UX Lead with an eye for great design, and a natural affinity for technical details and problem solving. You should enjoy creating wireframes just as much as user flows, solution diagrams and presentation decks that sell your ideas.
You'll take the lead on projects, engaging with clients, leading discovery workshops, assisting in research studies, and creating awesome, innovative solutions while collaborating with a global team of experts.
Sounds like a great gig? It is! Let's get in touch!
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/8756-astound-commerce-user-experience-design-lead
November 8, 2021 (Originally posted April 27, 2021)
Budget Pay Range
$100,000 - $150,000
- Dog Friendly
- Generous Vacation
- Work From Home
- Flexible Working Hours
- Medical Benefits
The UX Lead is both a hands-on and high-level role. You’ll be the “experience owner” on all project phases from discovery, to concept and into launch.
You’ll work closely with the client and become an expert on their business, conducting requirements gathering sessions, leading collaborative sketching workshops, designing and testing solutions, and presenting to key stakeholders.
You’ll balance multiple client projects, remotely collaborate with others, and design smart & fast in a cross-functional environment.
In this role, you will:
• Act as the lead UX role on multiple simultaneous engagements (Average 1-2)
• Provide design leadership through hands-on solution creation and hands-off direction, overseeing and managing the work of other designers
• Manage level of design effort/complexity to achieve optimal balance between user needs, business constraints, and technical feasibility
• Facilitate requirements gathering and remote sketching workshops with the client
• Leverage user personas and design concept models to articulate your vision for modern holistic consumer journeys
• Bring concepts and features to life with detailed and beautiful wireframes, user flows, and write precise functional annotations
• Prototype and test designs with a range of tools
• Work collaboratively with a global team of project management, engineers, developers, strategists, and our team of Ui visual design experts (dedicated to creating pixel-perfect final assets)
• 4-5+ years of hands-on experience creating exceptional digital experiences at an agency or in-house at a nationally recognized brand
• Exceptional design taste and aesthetic sense - wireframes can be beautiful, too!
• Experience interacting directly with clients or stakeholders and a track record for developing strong working relationships, eliciting client vision & direction, and presenting and selling both conceptual and tactical work
• Experience with e-commerce or transactional design is highly preferred
• Knowledge of eCommerce platforms like SalesForce Commerce Cloud is highly preferred
• Degree or training in design (UX, HCI, etc). We’re willing to be flexible here provided you’ve got an amazing portfolio!
• Fast, nimble thinker who can see the big picture, and also handle the fine details
• Ability to be both hands-on and provide clear direction to junior designers and production designers
• Expert hands-on knowledge of the latest design tools. We’ve recently switched to Figma, but also use Sketch, Adobe CS, and others
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
• The ability to articulate value of design and it’s process
• Professional under pressure and tight deadlines
• Must have an online portfolio of beautifully designed work
What’s In It For you:
• Be part of a tight-knit team of design superstars, with diverse experience in UX, visual, and product design, and an entrepreneurial spirit and proactive approach to problem-solving
• A chance to design for some of the world’s best known brands.
• A remote-native culture - always have been - with the tools and process in place to stay inspired and connected.
• Access to one of the world’s largest global e-commerce teams - learn from the best!
• Use technical and creative skills - left and right brain challenges!
• Coaching and reviews to keep you growing in your career.