Thingtesting is looking for a Product Design Lead in New York, NY, USA.
We want to be the un-sponsored corner of the internet where people can talk honestly about new things. Our mission is to build the go-to independent destination for online shoppers to discover, engage with, and vet modern brands. We have recently closing a Series Seed round of financing from Forerunner Ventures. Join us to make online shopping more transparent.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer to drive the end-to-end design process for the entire Thingtesting web experience. You’ll be the first FT product designer on this team.
You are passionate about your craft, love the journey of discovery through iteration, and have relentlessly high standards. You translate ambiguous user needs through qualitative & quantitative data into simple, intuitive, and beautiful user experiences. You are a strong communicator with the ability to defend your designs to a broad audience while internalizing and responding to feedback. We’re looking for a senior team member that will work collaboratively with the rest of our team.
We require that you:
- Have 5+ years of design experience, working on online applications with real-world users
- Able to provide samples of work that show complex and creative UX solutions, strong visual design, and solid information architecture
- Have experience working collaboratively with product, engineering and creative teams
- Love communicating complex design solutions across uses cases by creating process flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity mock-ups
- Experienced in facilitating user research and usability testing with a a systems approach to design
- Are detail-oriented and self-motivated with a passion for consistency, organization, usability, and discoverability
- A positive attitude, a sense of humor and a desire to build accessible products for all users
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/8360-thingtesting-product-design-lead
March 6, 2021 (Originally posted March 5, 2021)
- Generous Vacation
- Stock Options
- Work From Home
- Flexible Working Hours
- Medical Benefits
- Home Office Stipend
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing startup, shape our product, and drive the end-to-end design process of our digital products.
- A friendly and nurturing atmosphere to grow in.
- Freedom to work from where you want. We’re 100% remote, with team members currently spread between New York, Detroit, and Stockholm.
- Competitive compensation (a negotiable package of salary and equity), benefits, paid vacation, and other perks.
Our Interview Process
- 30 min Phone Screen
- 45 min 1:1 with Jenny, our founder
- A high level design exercise meant to evaluate your design process with a 45 min debrief
- 1 hour split between a technical discussion + a portfolio review
- 20 min chats with the rest of our team to get to know them and our culture a bit better
- What tools do you use? We run on Figma, Slack, Notion - but as you might guess, we are open to testing new things
- Do you sponsor visas? No, unfortunately we can't sponsor visas right now.
- What perks and benefits do you offer? Health insurance, flexible vacation and paid time off, equity plan, flexible work hours, retirement benefits with employer match, and of course, a team-wide product testing program.
- Can I join as a remote worker? While we work from home because of COVID-19 measures, you could work from anywhere in the US Eastern timezone. Our team is remote and split between Europe (Sweden & Finland), and U.S.
- Is this a senior role? Yes. While we don't like the hard division between 'senior' and 'non-senior', you'd be the first designer to join the team and would manage the product design experience on Thingtesting.
- When do I start? We won't know until we've found the right person but we're hoping for somebody to start ASAP. Earlier and later starts can be discussed.