Freelance UX Designer. Google. Mountain View, CA, USA. BOOM! Nuff said.
At Google Nest we are building the helpful home; a home that takes care of the people inside it and the world around it. Our vision is one of powerful, intuitive, cross-surface experiences that wrap the best of our 1st party hardware (Google + Nest devices) and our 3rd party ecosystem around the backbone of the Google Assistant. This is not about the techified, rarified smart home we’ve heard about for years. The helpful home is for everyone.
Nest works at the intersection of software and hardware across multiple design modalities - voice, touch and gesture. The Google Nest UX team is looking for a strong product, visual, and systems designer to help refine and define the setup and settings frameworks in the Google Home app. These growing frameworks support dozens of 1st-party and thousands of 3rd-party smart home devices.
- Help the Google Home app team develop and manage the frameworks for setting up and managing all our smart home devices
- Apply and contribute to our product design frameworks
- Consult, educate, and collaborate with device UX teams who rely on our setup & settings frameworks
- Work cross team to develop user journeys, user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Work with UX research, content strategy, and cross-functional product management & engineering teams
- Communicate recommendations, rationalize design decisions and advocate for users’ needs
- Strong communication, collaboration, and presentation skill.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
Location note: we are working remotely now, but when we return to in-person work later this year, we will need to be on-site in Mountain View, CA.
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/8315-google-ux-designer
Human-Centered Design, Information Architecture
February 27, 2021