emerson collective is looking for a Freelance Front-End Developer (Consultant) in Palo Alto, CA, USA.
We are looking for a qualified Front-End Developer (consultant) to join our Marketing team. In this role you will be responsible for building and maintaining our website properties by writing code that creates a functional and appealing platform, and ensures a great user experience. You will also dedicate your time to tackling issues facing our communities. The ideal candidate will be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
Role and Responsibilities
• Develop new user-facing digital properties
• Work on EC.com, as well as EC affiliates’ websites
• Build new digital experiences
• Collaborate with Creative and Content teams to bring creative vision to life
• Strike a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Utilize a variety of markup languages to write web pages
• Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements
• Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
• Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms
• Proficient understanding of client-side scripting including jQuery, PHP
• Strong understanding of ReactJS
• Strong understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Strong understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
• Experience working with Content Management Systems (e.g. CraftCMS, Wordpress)
• Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with Figma, Photoshop a plus.
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/8246-emerson-collective-front-end-developer-consultant
February 18, 2021
- Work From Home
Emerson Collective deploys a wide range of tools—from impact investing to philanthropy to advocacy—in pursuit of a more equal and just America. We focus on creating systemic change in education, immigration, climate, and cancer research and treatment. Our work is focused on advancing immigration reform, reimagining the future of high school, seeking an end to gun violence in Chicago, championing environmental justice, and accelerating cancer research and treatments.
Emerson Collective is impatient but optimistic, and bold but pragmatic in its approach. To meet the ambitious goals of its founder, Emerson Collective is seeking colleagues with both the audacity to dream up new ways to improve the world, and the determination to make them a reality.
Emerson Collective is Bay Area-based organization with offices in Palo Alto, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Oakland and Washington, D.C. This position is based in Palo Alto.
The salary for this role is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. Emerson Collective offers excellent organizational benefits.
The review of applications is underway and will continue until the position is filled. Applications should consist of a letter of interest and a current resume.
Consistent with federal, state, and local law, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or other protected category.