MA'AM Creative is looking for a Design Director in New York, NY, USA.
MA'AM is looking for a bad a$$, visionary Design Director to lead our design team. This role will have creative leadership over our work, the opportunity to evolve our point of view, and will touch a variety of project types. From hospitality to tech, we design brands for companies large and small. MA'AM is woman-led, anti-mediocrity, a lover of beauty, and people first.
Please Note: Looking for someone NYC-based. We’re keeping things safe and remote for now but will be back together soon.
MA’AM is a boutique creative studio with a focus on branding – guiding global companies of all sizes and across an array of industries in articulating their vision. Our work spans a variety of mediums including visual identity, print, art direction, packaging, video, digital and social. We draw from our insatiable curiosity and keen design instincts to create brands that are beautiful, functional, distinct from their competitors and meaningful to their customers. We’re inspired by the ever-changing world we live in and the endless possibilities to evolve, improve, and reimagine our reality.
We’re growing and looking for a tenacious, brand savvy, multidisciplinary, lover of design to join our team You’ll work directly with the Strategic Partner to define and refine both established and start-up companies alike – from creating visual identities for start-ups to creating bespoke wallpaper for global hotels and naming new products for Fortune 500 Companies. We’re a tight-knit team of highly-driven and collaborative creators – we value individuality, free thinking and simply creating beautiful work.
The ideal candidate has a strong design point of view and will push our design aesthetic, bring new ideas and strategic thinking to build thoughtful brands and visual systems.
Please send resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/8219-ma-am-creative-design-director
Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Art Direction, Creative Direction, Digital, Digital Photography, Print, Sketch, Social
February 16, 2021
Kristina C Unker
- Generous Vacation
- Work From Home
- 10+ years’ working experience with a strong background in branding, visual identity development, packaging and digital. Motion is a plus.
- You take initiative and want to always push the work to be different
- You are responsible, reliable and detail oriented
- You are a committed team player – we succeed together
- You are comfortable conceptualizing and storytelling to bring your ideas to life.
- You can work on strict schedules with flexibility to make changes on tight deadlines
- You follow fashion, music, pop culture trends and are passionate about all things design
- You are unafraid to ask questions and explore unexpected directions
- You are committed to personal and professional growth and see things optimistically
- Lead the execution of creative concepts – including the articulation of your ideas
- Represent MA’AM as design leadership
- Co-lead the studio’s design vision to elevate and promote the MA’AM brand
- Supervise and lead junior level design staff in the execution of all projects and in their professional development
- Develop visual identities / design systems, from designing logos to other supporting brand elements and including brand guidelines – you will own the process from idea to execution
- Develop mood boards, sketches and design explorations
- Prepare multiple design layouts and mock-ups for presentations
- Design print, web, packaging, guidelines, and collateral
- Assist with the curation of illustrators, photographers and lead pre-and post-production of photo shoots
- Identify, select, and coordinate vendors for web and printing services as appropriate by project
- Execute the above based on timelines and deadlines set by the producer / leadership
- Strong presentation skills, ability to sell concepts and design vision
- 3+ years’ experience managing designers / teams
- Worked with luxury brands – hospitality, fashion, lifestyle, etc.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, Invision, Bridge and After Effects)
- Strong organizational skills and file management
- Ability to articulate ideas both in writing and verbally
- Experience working on print and print-production projects
- Must have either a US Passport or work visa in place to apply
1. Resume (PDF) – send to Kristina@maamcreative.com
2. Portfolio link + any other relevant links to your work
(or a link to a PDF under 10mb)
3. Write ‘Design Director Full time Application’ in the subject of your email.