Google is looking for a Freelance Systems Designer (12-month contract) in Mountain View, CA, USA.
At Google Nest we are building the helpful home; a home that takes care of the people inside it and the world around it. Our vision is one of powerful, intuitive, cross-surface experiences that wrap the best of our 1st party hardware (Google + Nest devices) and our 3rd party ecosystem around the backbone of the Google Assistant. This is not about the techified, rarified smart home we’ve heard about for years. The helpful home is for everyone.
We’re defining the platform and apps that deliver ambient computing in the home — orchestrating cohesive experiences and solutions enabled by whole-home intelligence including hardware, software, and service experiences. You will work closely with a variety of engineering, product management, marketing, and creative teams. You will help customers save energy, money, and the planet. And along the way you will learn a lot about the home, see it all coming into its own and we’re just getting started.
- Auditing the platform to identify design system needs
- Design componentry for apps framework
- Review library docs for editorial quality, consistency, and usefulness
- Publish interaction design principles, usage guidelines, and other supporting materials to increase scaled adoption of the design system
- Attend and coordinate with product management release planning activities to identify library needs
- Work with other UX designers to ensure patterns meet the product's evolving needs
- Work with development teams to implement design patterns to spec
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing across platforms and surfaces.
- Translate abstract ideas and requirements into tangible and beautiful design deliverables
- Proven ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/7684-google-systems-designer-12-month-contract
Design Strategy, Interaction
November 16, 2020 (Originally posted November 11, 2020)
- Work from home