Own Up is looking for a Product Designer in Boston, MA, USA. Not an ordinary Product Designer but the kind of Product Designer that makes other Product Designers question their Product Designer-ness.
Own Up is a fast-growing, Boston-based mortgage tech startup that is helping people save money when buying or refinancing a home. We work in our customers' best interest, making sure that they get the best possible deal on their mortgage.
We're looking to grow our product organization and want to hire someone who is excited about helping us shape our team, processes, and culture.
Someone who is motivated by helping people make big difficult anxiety ridden decisions. You are someone who is passionate about clearly communicating complicated information through the power of simple and professional looking design. There is a lot of smoke and mirrors in the mortgage space and Own Up endeavors to do things differently by creating clarity for customers throughout the buying journey. To do this, you will work with our product and development team to make our design feel professional, clearly describe what we do, and intuitively communicate complicated financial information in multiple formats.
What you’ll do:
- Lead UX/UI development for an autonomous portion of our product.
- Deeply understand our customers and their motivations, zero-ing in on the most important problems to be solved in your area.
- Gather user and project requirements to create conceptual wireframes, prototypes, and final designs for customer and home advisor facing experiences.
- Focus on creating an intuitive user-experience and rigorously testing your work.
- Communicate concepts and design rationale to project stakeholders
- Contribute to a multidisciplinary team that can include developers, marketers, and product managers, to ship new products, features, and improvements based on business objectives, usability studies, and research metrics
- Help evolve our young brand (name/brand change is only 8 months old!) and have that be reflected in our design.
Job Post Linkhttps://www.workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/7629-own-up-product-designer
Experience Design, Figma, Human-Centered Design, User Research
November 2, 2020
- Retirement Plan
- Generous Vacation
- Maternity / Paternity
- Stock options