Parley for the Oceans is looking for a Freelance DESIGNER / CONTENT EDITOR in Manhattan, NY, USA.
We are looking for a full-time freelance designer and editor to join us in creating outstanding, meaningful content experiences for a forthcoming digital platform.
Parley is the space where creators, thinkers, and leaders come together to raise awareness for the beauty and fragility of our oceans and collaborate on projects that can end their destruction. Parley is developing an activist platform designed to give people the opportunity to show their love for the oceans and engage with the cause.
- Creating and editing multimedia assets for the upcoming platform and our social media channels
- Collaborating with the internal editorial team as well as external partners on visual storytelling ideas and bringing them to live on the platform
- Brief external producers on needed design and content assets
- A love for the oceans, and interest in ocean-related media
- Can move easily between the details and the overall vision
- Are a team player whom people want to work with
- Strong creative/design skills for digital and social media
- Photo-editing skills
- Digital illustration skills (infographics)
- Video editing is a bonus
- Advanced understanding of typography
- High standards for quality
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design/Communication Design
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience (references welcome)
- Portfolio with relevant work examples
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign,
- Sketch and Figma is a bonus
Parley for the Oceans:
Parley for the Oceans addresses major threats towards our oceans, the most important ecosystem of our planet. We believe the power for change lies in the hands of the consumer – given he has a choice – and the power to shape this new consumer mindset lies in the hands of the creative industries.
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/7586-parley-for-the-oceans-designer-content-editor
Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Content, Design, Editing
October 22, 2020
- Work from home