Freelance Content & Campaigns Strategist . Blue State Digital. Remote. BOOM! Nuff said.
More about our team!
Our Content and Campaigns team is made up of talented writers, fundraisers, and internet obsessives. Our resumes boast diverse backgrounds in advertising, political campaigns, journalism, nonprofit marketing and much more. Writing great copy is at the heart of what we do, but we are so much more than copywriters -- we code emails, develop campaign strategies, brainstorm creative, develop testing plans, collaborate with designers and are never above a terrible pun. In short, we have a lot of fun while helping our clients change the world.
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/7426-blue-state-digital-content-campaigns-strategist
Content Writing, Copywriting
September 14, 2020
In this role, you’ll craft impactful and creative digital fundraising campaigns for a range of 2-4 nonprofit clients, on channels ranging from email, to paid media, to web and beyond, while learning from strategists, creative directors, UXers, designers and a range of colleagues who represent the best in the business!
- Develop cross-channel digital fundraising programs that raise money for a variety of missions, including international development, public health and social causes (this means incredible organizations like UNICEF USA, the Komen Foundation, Covenant House and many more)!
- Develop creative concepts and translate them into succinct and effective copy for email, paid media, and related channels.
- Work closely with analysts, strategists and paid media planners to test and optimize campaigns.
- Collaborate with designers to bring ideas to life through beautiful graphics and copy.
- Manage rapid response moments.
- As part of a team, pitch concepts and present plans to client stakeholders.
- Maintain deep knowledge of the social, political and economic issues that impact your clients as well as continual education within your discipline.
- Stay aware of the latest digital fundraising trends, and develop a POV on how/whether our clients should take advantage of them to push their programs forward.
Top things we’re looking for:
- 3+ years experience in digital fundraising or similar
- A passion for raising money for some of the top nonprofits in the industry
- A desire to take ownership and lead projects from start to finish
- Impeccable writing skills
- Knowledge of basic HTML coding
- Familiarity with email tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, EveryAction, Luminate or similar
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at BSD
- Experience with paid media or SMS campaigns is a plus!
Blue State is a purpose-driven creative and tech agency. We transform how brands and causes engage their most important people. From Google to UNICEF, from Obama to MIT, from Tate Modern to Ford Motor Company, Blue State Digital helps grow communities, build platforms, and transform organizations for the digital age. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP Digital and has more than 200 employees in six offices around the world.