Here's the deal: Zappos is looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to join our creative team in our Los Angeles, CA, USA office. If you've got a great eye and the skill set to back it up, and love to work with fun, creative folks (+their dogs), you've found the right place.
Zappos Inc. is looking for a Sr. Graphic Designer to work on our LA based creative team. As a Senior Graphic Designer at our company, you will produce and oversee a large range of creative materials spanning web and social. You will lead graphic direction and create beautiful, insightful and truly impactful design for for multiple platforms. You will be responsible for upholding the visual integrity of our studio’s output. You have your finger on the pulse of pop-culture, good design, and emerging digital trends and know how to juxtapose them to lift brand perception and increase value to the customer.
A candidate with excellent soft skills will be very successful in this role.
**We are only considering candidates for this position who are willing to relocate or who already live in Los Angeles, CA.
**Please to provide a link to your online portfolio with work samples. Resumes submitted without portfolios will not be considered. Thank you!
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/6954-zappos-senior-graphic-designer
It's all about the work
March 20, 2020
- Retirement Plan
- Dog friendly
- Generous Vacation
- Great benefits
- Sweet office
What you'll be doing:
- Create and oversee the development of a range of branded materials, including on-site experiences, social media assets, pitch decks, and email.
- Conceptualize seasonal campaign graphic direction alongside the Art Directors
- Ensure that other designers are aligning and executing the seasonal direction according to brief.
- Work closely with management and other departments to ensure projects are on track
- Evaluate policies and processes and brainstorm ideas for improvement
- Ensure aesthetically consistent, top-notch visual output by giving and receiving constructive criticism in a positive and open manner.
- Ensure that content is aesthetically consistent by monitoring and reviewing the work of design team as well as your own.
- Complete projects by or before deadline and with ample time for revisions as necessary
What you'll bring to the table:
- Design Expertise -- A Degree in Graphic Design or a related major and minimum 5+ years working in design -or- combined equivalent of education and/or experience of 5 -10 years
- Wonderful written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Mastery of Creative Cloud apps- Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign.
- Experience creating motion graphics is a huge plus.
- Familiarity with UI/UX tech stack - Invision, Sketch, Miro, etc.
- Crystal clear knowledge of typography, layout, color theory and general design
- Airtight understanding of best practices for mobile-enabled platforms and responsive design
- Intuitive understanding of branding concepts
- Strong ability to conceptualize graphic packages based on Art Director/Marketing briefs
- Following of current trends in digital design, fashion, and retail communities
- A love for collaboration & Mentorship
- A+ leadership skills, and an all-hands-on-deck, service-oriented mentality
- Master of multitasking
- Experience working with and giving feedback to other creatives
- An extensive understanding of marketing trends, terms, and strategy
- Ability to create comprehensive briefs outlining design standards to be shared with cross functional teams.
- Positive, can-do attitude!
- Ability to work/adjust in a fast-paced environment and keep forward thinking momentum.
- Problem-solving skills that translate business objectives into interactive application concepts.
- Attention to detail and a proven track record producing consistent clean icons, graphics, and layouts and web.
- Well versed in development tradeoffs between speed, design, flexibility and the underlying design architecture. We like designers that understand this stuff.
- Passion for leading/inspiring creativity, cooperation and collaboration amongst team members.
- Experience with project management tools such as Trello, Asana, etc, a plus.
Please note: we are only considering candidates for this position who are willing to relocate or who already live in Los Angeles. If you want the fun and feel of a start-up company, but the solid management and resources of an established business, we may be the place for you. Zappos Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.
Remember to provide a link to your online portfolio with work samples.
Link to job application here: