You're probably not one to take a job just to make your friends jealous, but in case you are, Hammer Creative is hiring an ASSISTANT EDITOR in Los Angeles, CA, USA.
We’re looking for Assistant Editors! Specifically, we’re looking for AEs that love entertainment, video games and advertising. This individual will report to the Director of Production and will work closely with the editorial staff.
• Create mix preps and send them to the appropriate audio engineer.
• Complete preliminary picture reviews of projects before they get sent to finishing. If mistakes are found, follow the proper “Call Out” guidelines.
• With great attention to detail, frame through, color correct, and QC sequences and files. In addition to QC’ing your own projects, review sequences of other Finishing Editors before exporting.
• Deliver final files to internal staff when complete.
• Once projects are complete, archive them and properly store them on the Archive server.
• Upon project delivery, store H264 versions of edits (if applicable) in the reference h264 folder on the share.
• Check to make sure editorial projects are following the proper workflows and are being saved and named correctly on the share. Report inconsistencies to Production Coordinator.
• When needed, help pull selects, organize footage, and locate specific shots and dialogue for editorial staff.
• Operate as a creative editor when the opportunity arises. Communicate with producers and follow the proper workflows.
• Help maintain organization and folder structure on the SAN, Archive, Media Exchange, and Share. Flag when procedures aren’t being followed and report to Production Coordinator.
• Double check archived projects for file integrity and flag files for deletion / LTO archival.
• Entry level
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field
• Proficient in Premier and Adobe Suite
• Based in Los Angeles
If you meet all of the criteria described above, please forward your resume, cover letter and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a little bit about the last game you played and/or your favorite game on your cover letter.
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/6952-hammer-creative-assistant-editor
Under a year
March 19, 2020
- Retirement Plan
- Generous Vacation
- Great benefits
- Near mountains
- Sweet office