You're probably not one to take a job just to make your friends jealous, but in case you are, The Knot Worldwide is hiring a Freelance Visual Designer in New York, NY, USA.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We are seeking a talented Visual Designer to join our Product Design team.
Every year, millions of couples and guests use The Knot wedding websites to share their stories and communicate around details for the big day. As our Visual Designer, your focus will be on the design of our wedding website themes. You’ll create themes that match popular wedding invitations and will also design themes from scratch. You’ll collaborate with product managers, product designers, print designers, and engineers to bring your beautiful solutions to life.
*This is a 3-4 month freelance role. We are also accepting remote applicants.
SUCCESSFUL VISUAL DESIGNER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- A gorgeous portfolio featuring websites and digital experiences you’ve designed.
- Work that demonstrates exceptional skill in typography, color, spacing, and hierarchy.
- Natural visual aesthetic, and a strong design sense.
- The ability to speak to the creative process and how they arrived at the solutions.
- A passion for staying on top of the latest design trends.
- The knowledge to design for digital experiences, including how to work within template constraints.
- Experience designing responsively, and a broad understanding of accessibility requirements.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and have a working knowledge of Sketch.
- Comfort with (or are open to learning) some light coding.
- Pride in the quality of their work and maintain a strong attention to craft.
- Organization, keep detailed notes, and art boards and files are clean and structured.
- Flexibility and adaptability, and take constructive criticism with ease to apply feedback as needed.
- The ability to engage and collaborate easily with team members at all levels. You’re trustworthy, reliable, and cooperative.
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/6937-the-knot-worldwide-visual-designer
March 14, 2020 (Originally posted March 13, 2020)
- No assholes
- Not a sweatshop
- Sweet office
- Work from home