Scholastic Inc. is looking for a Visual Designer, Classroom Magazines in New York, NY, USA.
Scholastic Classroom Magazines is seeking an ambitious UI/Visual Designer who thrives in a small, cross-functional, and collaborative environment. This position requires superb design skills, an eye for typography, and a flexible outlook when it comes to working creatively with an editorial team. We are looking for a reliable designer with excellent communication skills, a detail-oriented approach, and consistent execution. The position reports to the Director of Digital Classroom Magazines.
HOW YOU CAN FIT
• Familiarity with modern design tools like Sketch, Figma, and Invision
• Working knowledge of Google Docs and Excel
• Minimum 3 years of UI/Visual design experience
• Portfolio reflective of experience in interactive products and sites.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong visual and interactive design skills – understanding of typography, layout, color, and behavior.
• Passion for exploration of all forms of media, apps and interactive software and the vision to apply them to K-12 education.
• Team player who enjoys collaborating to achieve design goals.
• Comfortable with taking and giving feedback to provide the best design solutions.
• Clear communicator.
• Working with and maintaining brand guidelines.
• Basic HTML and CSS skills
• Experience with Responsive web design and designing for mobile
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/6314-scholastic-inc-visual-designer-classroom-magazines
Creative Strategy, CSS, Figma, HTML, Kid Friendly, Sketch, Type Design, Visual Development
November 4, 2019
- Retirement Plan
- Generous Vacation
- Great benefits
- Sweet office
With your application please tell us, in a few sentences, three things we should be sure to pay attention to when looking at your portfolio.
Please apply: https://scholastic.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/visual-designer-classroom-magazines-5782