RYOT Studio is looking for a Designer in New York, NY, USA.
RYOT Studio is a team of journalists, strategists, producers and designers who get out of bed every day to share visually compelling, meaningful stories with our audiences. We make magic when we work with brands on social impact initiatives -- but we'll find the fun in every opportunity. We believe in collaboration, respect, commitment, work-life balance and being nice. We strive to push the boundaries of content with new technology and innovative formats. We value genuinely good human beings who are abundantly creative, insatiably curious and who are ready to role up their sleeves to get their hands dirty.
RYOT Studio is looking for an experienced Designer to work with our team to concept, design and execute innovative multi-platform experiences that live on Verizon Media’s publishers, as well as off-platform. Develop design directions for all published content, creating custom campaign assets across illustration, photography, typography, infographics, title treatments and video graphics packages, basic animation and interactive experiences.
This position is based in Verizon Media’s New York City office. The role is an initial 3-month contract, with the possibility to extend beyond.
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/6081-ryot-studio-designer
Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro
September 15, 2020 (Originally posted September 23, 2019)
- No assholes
- Work from home
* Work with the art director and design team to elevate the aesthetic, user-experience, and typography of all content executions and proposals, big and small.
* Collaborate with strategists and content development team to concept for client proposals -- vetting ideas to optimize visually for enhanced user-experience.
* Work with Creative Strategists, Creative Operations Manager and external teams to design and finesse client proposals, internal presentations and deck templates.
* Develop expertise in publisher style guides and formats, using insight and best practices to guide the larger team and client representatives through campaign execution.
* Work with writers, producers, program managers and directors to design the look and feel of diverse content, creating the perfect visual marriage of client messaging and publisher voice.
* Oversee production of visual assets, comps and mocks appropriate to each custom assignment.
* Use visual storytelling to bring big ideas to life.
* BA/BFA in Graphic Design with 3+ years of digital design experience.
* Experience working with a branded content studio, advertising agency, design studio or editorial publishing company.
* Expertise and unquenchable interest in typography, hierarchy, layout and user experience.
* Attention to detail and desire to push the design and execution of visual content.
* Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and Google Drive applications.
* Self-motivated, problem solver who approaches challenges with solutions.
* Mature level of diplomacy with a developed understanding of when it’s important to pick one’s battles.
* Excellent organizational and communication skills.
* Ability to multitask and prioritize.
* A sense of humor and thick skin, but — most importantly — a nice, collaborative work ethic that prioritizes supporting fellow teammates.
* Ability to learn and self train as technology evolves.
* Digital portfolio website.
Nice to Have
* Experience in Premiere, After Effects, Cinema 4D or any motion graphics, modeling or animation programs
* Illustration and photography skills
* Experience in design production for web
* Basic HTML/CSS front end development skills
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.