QUARTZ Creative is looking for a Sr. Digital Designer in Manhattan, NY, USA. Not an ordinary Sr. Digital Designer but the kind of Sr. Digital Designer that makes other Sr. Digital Designers question their Sr. Digital Designer-ness.
The Senior Designer will join a fast-paced creative team with a scrappy attitude and a love for creating things. The right candidate will play an integral role in building visually compelling digital stories (interactive articles, micro-sites, data visualizations, display units, etc.) that allow clients to showcase their most engaging content while encouraging readers to interact within the custom experiences that strive to challenge convention and traditional digital advertising expectations.
Select responsibilities, skills, and qualifications include:
- Independently lead projects from start to finish
- Collaborate with writers and engineers to create digital experiences while meeting key client metrics
- Help mentor other designers with creativity and growth
- Ability to present own concepts and ideas in a compelling and inspiring way
- A passion for solving visual and interactive problems
- An eye for granular detail, from pixel perfection and grids to thought-through wireframes
- An understanding of digital responsiveness and how design translates between various screens and devices
- Ability to create design systems to streamline workflow
- Flexibility to work with design direction change, feedback, and interpreting client brand guidelines
- Out of the box conceptual storytelling thinking and know how to practically and visually apply that to executions that fit within client timelines
- Assist in creation of branded materials and design templates for use in presentations and other client/internal needs
- Process-minded and organized, can manage multiple projects at once and tight deadlines while remaining calm, collected, and positive
- A collaborative spirit and ability to see potential in a broad variety of content
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud and Sketch
- Experience with layout in Powerpoint and Keynote is needed as well as other Office applications
- Motion Graphics skills and After Effects knowledge is a plus
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/5990-quartz-creative-sr-digital-designer
Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Design, Sketch
October 18, 2019 (Originally posted September 5, 2019)
* Quartz Creative is the in-house creative shop at Quartz. We help brands make interesting and effective “things” for people, designed for the ways they live and experience media. We’re part of the Quartz family (qz.com, Daily Brief, Quartz App, Quartz AI, Quartz Bot Studio). We put the user at the center of our thinking, and our work.
Quartz recruits talent for two salient attributes or qualities:
Force of Ideas: At the center of Quartz work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, and giving voice to the latter.
Spirit of Generosity: Quartz seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Quartz writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character
Quartz Media LLC is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.