Here's the deal: Burrow is looking for a Frontend Engineer to to join our growing engineering team in our New York, NY, USA office. We're a lean team that works across the organization and executes on projects that have the largest impact to the business.
Who we're looking for:
We're looking for an experienced frontend engineer to join our growing engineering team. We're a lean team that works across the organization and executes on projects that have the largest impact to the business. Our growing team produces high-quality code in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. You’ll report to the Tech Lead and work closely with a team of engineers, product managers, and graphic designers on burrow.com.
Who we are:
Burrow simplifies furniture. We provide our customers with an easy way to furnish their homes by designing thoughtful products that simplify all aspects of furniture - shopping, shipping, living and moving. We don’t just build better products, we root ourselves in building better experiences that encompass the end-to-end journey.
How revolutionary is this? Fast Company just named us one of the most innovative retail companies in the world and Time Magazine just name Burrow one of the best inventions in 2018. We started with the couch and will quickly expand into the entire home, maximizing convenience, quality, and comfort with every piece of the home that we offer.
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/5835-burrow-frontend-engineer
August 12, 2019
- Dog friendly
- Generous Vacation
- Great benefits
- No assholes
- Sweet office
YOU IN A NUTSHELL
- 4+ years of Web Development experience.
- An expert understanding of industry best practices and web standards.
- Writes high performance production quality code.
- Uses the latest and greatest web standards, including HTML5, CSS3, and ES6.
- Familiar with the entire web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques.
- Experience with Webpack and other build tools.
- An agile mindset and embraces iterative design.
- Experience building single-page applications.
- Meticulous attention to detail and an ongoing commitment to achieving high quality results that reflect the desired experience.
- Clear and effective communication skills in working with the product managers and designers to carry out an iterative design/development cadence.
- Experience in gathering requirements and estimating features.
- Excellent organizational skills, a natural collaborator, but can work well independently
Initiative to solve problems.
- Curious and continuously expanding your skill set.
- Dedicated and passionate about Burrows disruption of the furniture business
- Previous experience building high-traffic Node.js services
- Worked in a Test Driven Development (TDD) environment before.
- Experience building e-commerce websites.
- Experience working with GraphQL or other CMS tools.
- Familiarity with accessibility best practices.
- Experience with internationalization and localization.
- Pair programming experience.