Freelance Production Designer. Working Not Working. Brooklyn, NY, USA. BOOM! Nuff said.
As a freelance production designer. You'll support our Brand Content team to showcase the work of our amazing community of creatives. This position requires working closely with our Brand Manager, Designer, and Magazine Editor to identify, design and launch content from each of our initiatives across our digital magazine and social media outlets. You'll be responsible for pixel-perfect graphic elements seen and used by our entire community. This role blends both creativity and technical skills to format layouts and/or images and the position requires an incredible eye for detail, rigid following of brand guidelines, and a mastery of Sketch and Adobe CS. We have a number of events and initiatives coming up, from live podcast recordings, to holiday parties, to partnerships with the best brands in the industry, we need someone with fresh ideas to contribute on a number of projects.
- Work with the Brand Content team to identify outstanding member work.
- Own the delivery of one-time promotions, and larger brand-campaign assets.
- Follow deadlines to ensure timely publications.
- Archive all produced images and graphics.
- Be up-to-date with trends in graphic design techniques and software.
- 3 Months Minimum Commitment.
- Experience designing for a creativity/design-focused organization.
- Savviness for creating social media content such as Facebook assets or Instagram stories.
- Minimum of 1+ years of experience as a production artist with an agency, magazine, or product technology company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant work experience across both online and offline channels
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite (Ps, Ai, Id), and Sketch. The use of social media planning tools like "Later" is a plus.
- Attention to detail, and a willingness to revise and re-iterate work.
- Excellent communication skills.
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/5829-working-not-working-production-designer
Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, Social Media Strategy
August 9, 2019 (Originally posted August 8, 2019)
- No assholes
- Not a sweatshop
- Sweet office
Start-End Dates are flexible. Must be available to work with us in our Brooklyn office.