Here's the deal: Communal Creative is looking for a Brand Voice Lead to create brand magic and tell stories in our New York, NY, USA office. Puns enjoyed and encouraged.
At Communal, we’re an all-female team of creators building brands for startups. We focus on the holistic approach, born from our former in-house experience leading and creating brand experiences. We work collaboratively with each other and with our clients, believing that our diverse thinking, creative problem-solving, and care for the consumer will make the work (and ourselves) stronger. You’ll not only be a vital member of our team, but another ambitious creative excited by the idea of creating something together.
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/5562-communal-creative-brand-voice-lead
Brand Strategy, Content Strategy, Copywriting
June 18, 2019
- Dog friendly
- Generous Vacation
- Great benefits
- No assholes
- Not a sweatshop
Our Brand Voice Lead is more than a writer; they always think strategically about how the consumer culture around a brand influences the overall experience.
Working in conjunction with the design team, this role will be driving the strategic vision for our startup clients, in identifying the unique qualifiers that make the brand special and building a brand system from there. The Brand Voice Lead is a key role at Communal, blending qualitative research and strategic insights with defining the brand voice and writing copy throughout the creative process. This is a unique opportunity to work directly with a collaborative, hands-on agency with clients ranging from early-stage online and offline industries, all with something unique to say.
To excel at this role, you need to think cross-channel in creating a unified voice that can work for digital platforms and physical products. You’ll be leading copywriting for each of these touchpoints. Versatility is key; you must be able to write fluidly in a range of styles that can speak to a wide variety of audiences. You must be able to show experience in defining and translating brand strategy, mission, and persona into a cohesive and impactful voice.
This is a highly cross-functional role that will be reporting directly to the Creative Director. The ideal candidate will have a proven work history in a fast-paced agency or in-house startup environment. Also must love puns.
Responsibilities will include:
• Working with the entire Communal team, from design and art direction to project management and client services.
• Working directly with clients to translate their brand goals into a strategy, mission, persona, voice, and copy structure.
• Collaborating with the design team in concepting and executing a full consumer experiencing, from brainstorming themes to crafting marketing copy.
• Generation of brand names and naming architectures.
• Connecting throughout the process, from participating in brand development and creative sessions, to executing product copy and campaign concepts.
• Being a leader for all copywriting, across digital and physical
• Presenting and collaborating externally and internally, for client meetings and internal working sessions
Things we’d like to see:
• Minimum 6 years experience
• A portfolio of your work. Ideally it includes a mix of brand and product-related projects
• Direct experience working and collaborating with designers
• Bonus points for startup experience