True Botanicals is looking for a Copywriter in San Francisco, CA, USA.
True Botanicals is a fast-growing, well-funded, direct-to-consumer beauty brand on a mission to prove that we do not—and should not—have to choose between safe, natural products and luxurious, effective ones.
Our innovative formulas are raising the bar on ingredients (made with the highest-quality, sustainable materials), performance (backed by clinical trials), and safety (certified nontoxic by Made Safe). And word has gotten out: influential publications from Vogue to The Wall Street Journal have featured us, and we’ve won the support of influencers and celebrities, including Olivia Wilde, our Chief Brand Activist.
Based in San Francisco, California, our small but big-hearted team is comprised of passionate individuals with diverse resumes, including former Levi’s, Condé Nast, and Dropbox employees, who are motivated to transform the beauty industry. Together, we aim to inspire and empower women to take the best care of themselves, each other, and the planet—one step, one product at a time.
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/5214-true-botanicals-copywriter
April 24, 2019
- Sweet office
True Botanicals Marketing Role – Copywriter
We are looking for a Copywriter who is a brand thinker and natural storyteller with expertise in digital marketing. You’re comfortable writing in long and short format across channels and working on tight deadlines. You’re a quick study, a real team player, a multi-tasker, and you don’t mind a little ambiguity being peppered into your daily routine.
In this role, you will help execute the True Botanicals brand voice across channels, including digital ads, email, website, social, PR, and printed materials. We are looking for someone with 3+ years of copywriting experience at a strong lifestyle brand or agency to join our creative team and collaborate cross-functionally to drive brand equity, awareness, engagement, and sales.
What you’ll do:
● Write marketing copy based on the True Botanicals brand voice and tone across various channels.
● Translate product details and brand differentiators into compelling concepts and engaging stories.
● Research and write about the science side of skincare.
● Work hand in hand with design partner to execute creative projects.
● Collaborate with Marketing and Growth teams to brainstorm and develop content for
social platforms and digital ads.
● Support PR in copyediting press materials.
● Manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
● Adhere to brand style guide and help to evolve it as needed.
● Understand competitive landscape in terms of voice, marketing and messaging – and
share insights regularly.
● 3-5 years of writing experience at a strong brand, agency or influential publication.
● Degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or related.
● Proven experience with creative development on behalf of a brand, including a portfolio
● Comfortable managing multiple projects with excellent prioritization and communication
● Flawless attention to detail.
● Nerd out on words; understand the nuances of synonyms and syntax and polish every
sentence until it shines.
● Beauty, fashion, or wellness experience is a plus.
● Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment with an entrepreneurial
● Work effectively in a team environment as well as independently.