Working Not Working is looking for a Senior UX Designer in New York, NY, USA. Not an ordinary Senior UX Designer but the kind of Senior UX Designer that makes other Senior UX Designers question their Senior UX Designer-ness.
Working Not Working and why you want to work here? We are a platform that helps others. Each person who works here embodies the creative mission of helping creative people find great opportunities. We are built by creatives for creative people. We live and breathe how we can eliminate the obstacles between creative people and those opportunities. Though you may have Working Not Working on your resume or paystub, your everyday goals will be with our 50,000+ hirers and creative community.
You are involved in every step of the process, from early ideation with Product Manager and Development Team to help define the products we build through to working with engineering to ensure the final product meets the highest quality bar. You love taking an iterative approach to design that includes user research, A/B testing, and collaboration. Your attention to detail and problem-solving skills are showcased throughout the entire process. You’ll guide other designers through projects as well as delivering high-quality work on your own.
The ideal candidate has experience in digital enterprise products or software as a service, with strong blue sky/ideation skills, robust holistic systems thinking, deep attention to detail, and passion for making difficult tasks into simple and delightful experiences for customers. Your efforts will help someone side hustling one day to working at their dream job next.
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/4841-working-not-working-senior-ux-designer
Human-Centered Design, Low / High Fidelity Prototyping, User Behavior Research, User Research
February 27, 2019
- Retirement Plan
- Generous Vacation
- No assholes
- Not a sweatshop
- 6+ years of experience user experience and user interface design, working directly with Product Managers and Developers for implementation
- A strategic perspective about product development; an understanding of not just how a product should look, but what and why we should build in the first place.
- Act in collaboration with the rest of the design team to thoroughly push WNW’s design thinking.
- A great online portfolio showcasing your thought process and your ability to take projects from conception to completion along with measurable results.
- Expert skills in Sketch and Invision (or other prototyping tools)
- Experience creating a variety of UX documents (personas, wireframes, story-mapping, etc.) and an understanding of when they should be used.
- Must be a strong and vocal user advocate
- A collaborative spirit and a desire to work as a team player on a close-knit, small team.
- A bachelor's degree in interaction design or related UX degree
- Demonstrated history of personally acquiring user data (e.g. conducting usability studies, performing user research) is a big plus.
- Experience designing products where revenue is a KPI.
- Experience on teams that have created new products as well as improved existing ones with a track record for making measurable improvements.
- CSS & HTML knowledge is a plus