You're probably not one to take a job just to make your friends jealous, but in case you are, Sheridan&Co is hiring a Retail Designer in New York, NY, USA.
We are looking for a Retail Designer who is experienced in and open to working on projects of various different scales. From Standalone Stores, to POS units and various formats in between, you should be ready to work with many of the world's most ambitious brands in a variety of engaging and dynamic sectors.
You should be able to demonstrate a clear ability to translate a brands story into an inspiring concept as well as addressing the practical challenges that come with bringing design to life. With an appreciation for the relationship between brands and consumers you will work with our incredible team through the stages that lead towards the final implementation.
You should be ready to work hard whilst being driven by the satisfaction in knowing that your efforts will directly impact the success of the projects with which we have been trusted.
- Work with direction but in an independent manner
- Create new product concepts through brainstorming, sketching, rendering and mock-ups
- Strong storytelling and consumer-centered design approach
- Able to understand and express brand identity and value
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with materials and finishes suitable for retail and interior design
- Understanding of furniture manufacturing processes
- Ability to work under tight timelines and deal with unforeseen situations
- Comfortable leading projects and liaising with clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Architecture, Interior Design or related field
- Experience working in retail or environmental design
- 2D hand-sketching skills
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong 3DS Max modeling and Vray rendering skills
- Possess design industry awareness and a genuine interest in trends, arts and culture
Job Post Linkhttps://beta.workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/4724-sheridan-co-retail-designer
3D Studio Max, Brand Strategy, Conceptual, Design, Environments, Furniture Design, Retail
February 8, 2019
- Great benefits
- No assholes
- Not a sweatshop
- Ping pong