Moon Juice is looking for a Senior Designer in Culver City, CA, USA.
Moon Juice is seeking a Senior Designer to help lead and build the in-house creative of team of a disruptive brand in the beauty and wellness space. The role of Designer requires an ability to work across a range of projects; from brand identity, digital products and services, to interface and interaction designs. As an Designer, you are a leader as well as a great designer. You have a strong portfolio that shows experience as a print designer, digital designer, art director of photography and/or videography, as well as building brand identity systems. You demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and skill at both brand design and image creation for traditional, digital, and motion applications. You can manage teams and deadlines to deliver highly effective, strategic creative on time and on brand.
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/4716
Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop
February 7, 2019
Additional areas of skills and responsibilities are listed below.
01. Leadership skills
Successful candidates must be comfortable with and be able to effectively share their point of view and expertise. They should be able to take a creative leadership role.
02. Communication skills
Candidates must have strong presenting, verbal and written skills. Additionally, successful applicants understand the value of design and brand within a design and business context.
03. Team skills
Successful applicants believe that better work is done through collaboration, and have an understanding that collaboration is necessary to innovate. You’ll feel comfortable providing daily management of the quality of the visual design team’s creative work and seamlessly guide the team in the direction, style, and methodology.
04. Technical skills (craft and tool mastery)
Successful candidates must understand that the visual design team is based on
generating innovation. They are optimistic about technology. They not only identify
and evangelize best practices, but also are able to push new boundaries and explore
new territory in order to deliver innovative design.
– Highly proficient in Adobe CS
– Packaging experience a huge plus
05. Visual design skills
Candidates understand the value of design, function and meaning, and can tie it to
the cultural and business value of brands. They should demonstrate excellent
typography skills, an ability to curate and edit photography, a keen understanding of
visual systems, and are able to see the big picture but get excited about the smallest
details or micro interactions.
Required skills and qualifications:
– 5-7 years of experience in brand design, print and interactive.
– Portfolio of work for local, national, or global clients.
- Must be results-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must track approvals and adhere to deadlines.
– Ability to curate photography to create compelling evergreen and seasonal brand assets.
– Comfortable collaborating with multiple stakeholders and across disciplines.
– Degree in Graphic Design and/or relevant experience.
– Highest level of proficiency with current design tools and software applications.
– Report to Creative Director to ensure execution of brand vision and strategy
– Partner with Director of Ecommerce to conceptualize, design, build, and extend digital brand experiences within a wide spectrum of projects for brands in various stages of growth.
– Oversee simultaneous projects from inception to completion, reviewing project plans, designs, and deliverables.
– Provide design-mentorship to younger designers by exposing them to new challenges.
– Approach design problems conceptually, with a constant desire to innovate
– Collaborate with different disciplines within the studio
– Participate in internal strategy work-sessions
About Moon Juice:
Moon Juice is the trailblazing mecca for adaptogenic beauty and wellbeing. Created in Venice, CA by wellness rebel and entrepreneur, Amanda Chantal Bacon, Moon Juice is equal parts art and medicine; and as much about plants as pleasure.
We source the most potent plants on earth by carefully selecting the source of each of our ingredients to ensure the highest quality ingredients with maximum effectiveness.
Our superherbs, supermushrooms and superminerals are sustainably farmed in their native regions, harvested at peak potency, and imported whole. We perform custom extractions using natural spring water at a wind powered facility in the Pacific Northwest.
The results are ingredients and products that are extremely potent, supremely pure, and radically effective.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Moon Juice may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. We may be unable to follow-up with each and every applicant. If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a posted job, please contact us at 310-730-5455 ext. 0409 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under federal law. Moon Juice is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.