Solstice is looking for an User Experience Design Principal in New York, NY, USA. Not an ordinary User Experience Design Principal but the kind of User Experience Design Principal that makes other User Experience Design Principal s question their User Experience Design Principal -ness.
At Solstice, we provide great design through a few key principles. We Instill Confidence for a more confident user, we Reduce Complexity to make experiences feel easy, and we Provoke Delight because we don’t just design for usability, we aim to create experiences that people love.
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/3461-solstice-user-experience-design-principal
September 4, 2019 (Originally posted July 20, 2018)
- No assholes
- Not a sweatshop
- Ping pong
- Sweet office
Solstice is seeking a User Experience Design Principal to join our expanding UX Team in our New York Office. If you’re passionate about emerging tech and understand the concepts of user experience and human-centered design, read on!
At Solstice, we provide great design through a few key principles. We Instill Confidence so that the end result of a well-designed experience is a more confident user. We Reduce Complexity and design products with the aim to make experiences feel easy. Finally, we Provoke Delight because we don’t just design for usability, we aim to create experiences people love.
What we are looking for in you:
- You are excited and passionate about well-designed experiences and new technologies.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Art/Design or related field.
- You’re able to manage your own time, whether working on a team in a collaborative environment or working independently.
- You work closely with a development team and other disciplines.
- You are a designer who can balance user goals with business goals.
- You are excited about solving complex user experience problems in a compassionate and understandable way.
- You have a great design portfolio that speaks to human-centered design.
- You have the ability to manage multiple projects.
- You are able to effectively articulate user experience issues and concerns and overall design principles to team members and clients.
- You have a good understanding of platform guidelines (iOS, Android) and responsive web design.
- You can demonstrate proficiency in design tools such as Sketch and Adobe products, and prototyping tools such as InVision and Proto.io.
What you can look forward to in the job:
- Your work at Solstice matters. The design work you do here will have a direct impact for Fortune 500 companies and their customers.
- Taking a client’s vision from conception to completion and delivery.
- Be a trusted advisor to them on the digital experience they will provide their users.
- You will work with some of the brightest, most talented UX’ers around—you’ll learn something new daily and we would like to learn from you.
Of course the daily work:
- Participate in the strategic planning process, providing user experience and design thought leadership for product development roadmaps
- Guide and mentor our user experience team to create engaging and memorable experiences, driving an environment of sharing and collaboration
- Work directly with business partners to define customer needs and translate needs into an experience brief, develop design strategies in alignment with this brief, and represent design decisions to senior leadership team
- Producing wireframes and prototypes for mobile apps and websites.
- User interface and graphic design for mobile apps and websites.
We welcome Solsties to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Solstice is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.