The Metropolitan Museum of Art is looking for a Product Designer in New York City.
The Product Designer is a key role on the Digital team at The Metropolitan Museum of Art. As part of a product design and UI/UX team, the person in this role collaborates with colleagues across the Museum to improve and iterate the digital product portfolio, including metmuseum.org, The Collection online, audio guides and other digital products. Collaborative partners include product managers, software developers, visual designers, content producers, writers, and stakeholders. The Product Designer gathers requirements, sketches solutions, builds prototypes, and delivers final designs, while participating in all stages of the design process from conception through release.
Primary Responsibilites & Duties:
• Understand audience needs, tasks, and goals, and translate them into designs.
• Present design concepts to stakeholders and collaborate on iterations.
• Produce designs that support the Museum’s mission and deliver a compelling user experience.
• Create high quality designs with a focus on cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility.
• Develop user flows, wireframes, prototypes (low- and high-fidelity), user interface designs, and standards and guidelines for responsive digital products.
• Ensure user interface guidelines and standards are followed during product development and maintenance.
• Work efficiently with cross functional teams of stakeholders, analysts, content producers, product managers and software developers,
• Conduct user testing and audience interviews.
• Work with and maintain The Met’s digital design system.
• Other duties as assigned
Please apply through our Met Careers Site: https://metmuseum.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/metmuseumcareers/job/The-Met-Fifth-Avenue-New-York-NY/Product-Designer_JR-42217?q=product%20designer
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/13085-the-metropolitan-museum-of-art-product-designer
January 13, 2023 (Originally posted January 3, 2023)
Budget Pay Range
$90,000 - $100,000 Annually