ONE (Our Next Energy) is looking for an Art Director in Detroit, MI, USA.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a mid-level role. The more experience the better.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Conceptualize, develop, and lead projects which include websites, digital and social activations, video content, presentations, storyboard and experiential.
• Lead the development of our brand from a visual standpoint. Help define our brand’s visual language, evolve and implement design systems and guidelines.
• Build subject-matter expertise in energy storage technology in order to ideate and execute high-quality creative that serves the business and the science.
• Guide the campaign development process from start to finish — participate in team ideation, help advance all preliminary concepts into refined, comprehensive design solutions, and check accuracy and quality of all deliverables to highest standards to ensure delivery of the creative vision
• Concept and compose engaging visual infographics, scenes and artwork.
• Own the visual identity of the company in all presentation and public marcom settings.
• Collaborate closely with our Creative team to translate the expression of our brand identity into our user experiences.
• Manage junior creative and design talent and lead by example.
• Present ideas clearly to other teams inside the organization and execute based on feedback.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in art, design, marketing or equivalent skills demonstrated through your portfolio.
• A self-starter, who demonstrates follow-through from project initiation to final deliverable
• Professional portfolio required
• 5+ years of experience designing for clients or as part of an internal marketing team
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, DatoCMS, Google Slides, Keynote, Powerpoint. Cinema 4D and similar would be a bonus.
• Video animation and editing skills a plus
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/13081-one-our-next-energy-art-director
It's all about the work
Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, Art Direction, Content, Design, Digital, Figma, Keynote, PowerPoint
January 9, 2023 (Originally posted January 3, 2023)
Budget Pay Range
- Parental Leave
- Relocation Package
- Medical Benefits
As art director, you’ll contribute to our mission, vision and strategy by building visual communication systems across our suite of platforms that help people understand energy storage system technologies and electrification. You’ll work closely with Business Development and Engineering teams to help build effective visually driven content, experiences, digital platforms and presentations that express ONE and its values. Ability to take dense scientific and technical content and distill it into simple, digestible and easy to understand creative outputs is critical for success at this company.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.