Hearst Magazines is looking for a DEPUTY ART DIRECTOR - House Beautiful in New York, NY, USA.
House Beautiful is searching for an ambitious and creative Deputy Art Director. This position reports to the Creative Director and will work closely with the art and editorial departments across all platforms of the brand: print, digital, and social. The ideal candidate will be ready to take the lead on digital and manage the day-to-day needs of the website and social channels. Must be an innovator and problem solver with an interest in home and design, eager to play an integral role in taking the visual direction to the next level.
What You’ll Do:
• Create original photo-illustrations, infographics, design elements and gifs for daily digital stories and social platforms
• Collaborate with Creative Director and editors on art direction and layout of digital features, packages, and video graphics
• Art direct and assign projects to illustrators when necessary
• Design magazine layouts, while planning and executing their translation to digital
• Throughout all stages of production, manage and keep the creative process on schedule.
• All other sundry duties as assigned by the Creative Director.
Who You Are:
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts or related field
• Minimum of 5 years of experience, preferably in publishing
• Experience designing and concept-ing for editorial, digital and social while maintaining the visual integrity of a brand
• An ability to take feedback and collaborate with a nimble team of editors and designers
• Proficiency in InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and a basic knowledge of HTML
• Innovative with typography and the design
• Strong photo-editing skills
• A well-rounded portfolio
• Self-direction in daily responsibilities and ability to accomplish all tasks without supervision
Please submit resume along with a link to an online portfolio to Marc Davila, Creative Director, directly to email@example.com. Do not apply through WNW portal. Include a note about yourself in regard to this job opening.
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/10592-hearst-magazines-deputy-art-director-house-beautiful
Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Digital, Keynote, PowerPoint
November 24, 2021
- Retirement Plan
- Generous Vacation
- Fitness & Wellness
- Parental Leave
- Meals & Snacks
- Medical Benefits