Working Not Working is looking for a Senior Rails Full Stack Developer in Brooklyn, NY, USA. Not an ordinary Senior Rails Full Stack Developer but the kind of Senior Rails Full Stack Developer that makes other Senior Rails Full Stack Developers question their Senior Rails Full Stack Developer-ness.
Hi, thanks for reading our job post. After almost 10 years of being very small and scrappy we’re ecstatic to be able to grow our team to be very medium and scrappy. We have big ambitions to dramatically improve our platform and do more to support our community in their careers.
Ok, this is where you come in. We're looking for an experienced Senior Rails Full Stack Developer to help us create the future of the Working Not Working platform.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Own what you build as you architect, test, and refine the WNW platform
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack and contribute daily to all parts of our code base, using our development workflow
- Work with our product and design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch daily
- Be surrounded by individuals who are doing the best work of their lives and loving every moment of it
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Develop high performance code for web-based applications using Ruby on Rails and Hotwire
- Curate a great codebase through architecture discussions, automated testing and code review
- Take point on designing feature architecture by closely collaborating with Product and fellow developers
- Independent research and selection of best tools / methods of implementation to solve problems
- Mentor less experienced engineers. Leverage your knowledge and experience to help level up your team
- Collaborate with Product and Design teams on the best way to solve problems.
- Opportunity to work in mobile development
- Opportunity to contribute to product strategy/vision and user experience if interested
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 3 - 5+ years of experience as Fullstack Rails Developer
- Extensive experience with Rails, MySQL, and Stimulus JS
- Experience with Elastic Search
- Appreciation for a test-driven, code review culture
- Must read and write English at a first language level
Job Post Linkhttps://workingnotworking.com/unjobboard/10409-working-not-working-senior-rails-full-stack-developer
MySQL, Ruby on Rails
January 21, 2022 (Originally posted November 2, 2021)
Budget Pay Range
$160,000 - $190,000
- Generous Vacation
- Profit Sharing
- Work From Home
- Meals & Snacks
- Flexible Working Hours
At Working Not Working, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We're committed to fostering a working environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for creatives and creative companies, you will find a home at Working Not Working.
Applicants for employment with Working Not Working must be legally eligible to work in the United States now or in the future without sponsorship.