American Heart Association Gala
Each year the New York chapter of the American Heart Association throws a gala, it's largest fundraiser. The theme this year was "The Hero In All Of Us", aimed at highlighting the role young people can play in the early detection of stroke or in the performing of CPR.
Our approach was to distill and repurpose the primary colors, ben day dots, and dimensional type of the golden age of comics into a fun, bold and fresh identity that could be used across a variety of print and video applications.
As the art lead and concept originator, I had the unique opportunity to source type design and illustration to some great vendors I'd been wanting to work with for years: VolumeOne (http://volumeone.com) did our custom type, Gloria Pizzilli (http://www.gloriapizzilli.com) illustrated the book for us, and Taylor James (https://www.taylorjames.com) produced the video content. The case study video was animated by our very talented AD Matt Holt.
- Project Roles
- Art Director, Artist, Creative Director, Designer, Illustrator, Recruiter
- American Heart Association
- Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Art Buying, Art Direction, Conceptual, Creative Direction, Design, Print, Storyboarding, Management of Teams 1-10
- 2D Animations, Character Designs, Children's Books, Concept Art, Illustrations, Lettering, Storyboards
- Project Industries
- Health/Pharma, Non-Profit