Hempathy had launched in an entirely different direction as a CBD ointment previous to my involvement, but the brand changed ownership and sought to go in a different direction based on available business opportunities.
Our team redefined the brand around the values of self-care and care for the earth, both powered by the miraculous hemp plant—a crop with thousands of uses across thousands of years and many cultures before it was bastardized along with the criminalization of cannabis in the 1930s. We aimed to tell the story of our natural ingredients, hemp being the cornerstone, while encouraging our target consumer to take time for self-care.
I carried the brand’s new warm yet authoritative tone through every customer touchpoint, packaging included. I was part of every aspect of the Hempathy rebrand, crafting the identity alongside the design team, writing copy for every piece of collateral, weighing in on marketing strategy, helping to manage social, even writing scripts for the customer service team and training manuals for brand ambassadors.
- Project Roles
- Content Strategist, Copywriter, Creative Director, Editor (Brand/Content), Strategist, Writer
- Future State Brands (formerly PROHBTD)
- Brand Strategy, Comparative Analysis, Conceptual, Content, Content Management, Content Strategy, Content Writing, Copywriting, Creative Direction, Creative Research, Creative Strategy, Digital, E-Commerce, Editorial, Lifestyle, Management of Teams 1-10, Marketing Strategy, Print, Research, Social Media Strategy , Strategy, User Behavior Research, Wordpress
- Brand Identity, Branded Content, Branding, Customer Journey Map, Editorial Writings, Events, Manifestos, Packaging, Presentations, Products - Physical, Site Maps, Social Media Content, Social Media Copy, Taglines, Websites, Wordpress Sites
- Project Industries
- Beauty, Lifestyle, Packaged Goods