Rise of the Warriors
I was composer, sound designer, and musical director for an immersive educational show about China's first emperor, Qin. To coincide with the terracotta warriors exhibition in Liverpool this show will run at the museum between February and October 2018.
It was important for the music to draw from traditional Chinese music but I also wanted it to have a more Western / Hollywood blockbuster feel to excite and immerse the audience of young children and teenagers. Luckily there is a vibrant Chinese community in Liverpool so I was able to work with and record a number of traditional instruments as well as seek advice and assistance with my research to ensure the music was authentic where appropriate.
- Project Roles
- Composer, Music Producer, Sound Designer
- National Museums Liverpool
- Classical, Editing, Entertainment, Interactive, Maintaining Schedules, Managing Budgets, Mixed Media, Modern Orchestral, Multi-cultural, Music, Musical Effects, National / International, Orchestral, Post-Production, Project Management, World Music / Crossover
- Music, Sound Designs, Sound Mixing, Themed Environments, Video Installations
- Project Industries
- Education, Entertainment, International, Media, Music