"Unbound" // Award-winning Scifi film based on NYT bestseller
UNBOUND is an award-winning short film that I produced for a talented emerging female director, Maggie Mahrt, as part of her AFI Directing Workshop for Women. It's based on an excerpt from a NYT Bestseller and EP'd by David Greenwalt (Grimm, Buffy).
"Unbound" is an allegorical short film, set in turn-of-the-century Japan about a young woman, Kitsune, who accepts an offer to work at a mysterious silk factory in order to save her destitute family. However, the offer is more than she bargained for as she soon finds herself entangled in a disturbing metamorphosis as she begins turning into a Silkworm herself becoming the commodity the factory is selling.
Shot in a studio in Los Angeles, CA. Crew of 30+. Included live action, SFX, VFX, a moth-wrangler (yep!), a child actor, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Best Scifi - HollyShorts**
Cannes Film Festival - Short Film Corner
Heart of Gold Film Festival
HollyShorts - Official Selection
KeyWest Film Festival
LAShorts - Official Selection**
Los Angeles Inter Short Film Festival
Emerging Cinematographers Award
Fear No Film - Utah
Julien Dubuque International Film Festival
Palm Springs ShortFest Film Market
** Oscar Qualifying Festival
- Project Roles
- Content Producer, Executive Producer, Line Producer, Producer
- Beggar Kings Entertainment
- 4K, CGI, Cinematic, Producing, Aerial, Children, Content, Digital Capture, Digital Tech, Film, Filmmaking
- Advertising, Short Films, Experimental Films, Motion Graphics, Movie Trailers, Personal Project, Screenplays, Scripted TV, Short Stories, Viral Films
- Project Industries
- Advertising, Beauty, Education, Entertainment, Fashion, International, Lifestyle, Media, Music, Non-Profit, Travel/Tourism