MEET #5262 EVE WEINBERG
Director • Brooklyn, NY
WNW Member #5262 Eve Weinberg partners with ad agencies, interactive firms, media companies, and filmmakers to direct the motion graphics components for large projects. Such partners have included CNN, BAM, Participant Media, and Potion. In the interview below, Eve offers some honest advice to fellow freelancers: "Communicate well if you’re having trouble delivering on a deadline or asset. Clients are people too. Communication is key."
1. How long have you been freelancing?
On and off since 2007. So, roughly 6 years, non-sequentially.
2. Is there a time or place that you feel most creative/have the best ideas?
Late at night, first thing in the morning, or after a nap. Basically, right after I’ve slept, or right before I’m supposed to sleep.
3. What’s your ideal Working:Not Working ratio?
What’s ‘not working’? Drinks with friends where we talk about project ideas? Crafternoons or drink-and-draw nights? Weekend hackathons? It’s tough to know the difference between working and not working. I’m a fan of the 80/20 principal though.
4. Do your parents understand what you do?
Absolutely not. Major bummer. I just give them the snippets that they can post to facebook every once in a while.
5. What scene from a movie makes you laugh just thinking about it?
Elf - all of it.
Or the David Cross line in Waiting for Guffman - "Once you go into that circle, the weather never changes. It is always 67 degrees with a 40% chance of rain."
6. If you were stranded on a desert island, with your computer, what 3 websites would you take with you?
chat roulette, http://codepen.io/kowlor/full/MYOKRd/, netflix
7. What do you do when Not Working?
nap. bike. hike. soccer. draw. collage. watch movies.
8. Do you have a hidden talent?
I dont know if this makes me more, or less, employable, but I hold a world record. hehe
9. Any tips or advice for fellow freelancers?
Communicate well if you’re having trouble delivering on a deadline or asset. Clients are people too. Communication is key.
10. What’s your favorite thing on the internet this week?